Napoli confirm £95m Man Utd transfer bid for Kalidou Koulibaly rejected
Napoli have confirmed they have rejected a bid of £95million from Manchester United for powerhouse defender Kalidou Koulibaly.
Jose Mourinho, who was expelled on Tuesday, placed the Senegalese ace at the top of his January list of things to get in an offer to support his defence.
The centre-back has been a rock at the back for the Gli Azzuri in his time in the Naples.
The 27-year-old put in a staggering execution against Liverpool in the Champions League earlier this month – sending United fans into frenzy to sign him.
Red Devil boss were advised they would have to pay more than £90million to secure his signature.
Speaking at a media event held by Corriere del Mezzogiorno, De Laurentiis said: « Mourinho needed him, we dismissed £95 million.
« Yet, now it’s impossible that he leaves Napoli. »
Koulibaly has made 131 appearances for the Serie A side since his move from Genk in 2014 – scoring eight objectives for the Italian outfit.
And Chelsea have also shown interest in the defender – where he could reignite with his previous manager Maurizio Sarri.
In any case, the Italian supervisor has said he is a coach who cares little for the transfer market and prefers to coach his current crop of players.