Barcelona administrator Ernesto Valverde uncovers the genuine message he was sending by letting Arsenal target Malcom alone for team
BARCELONA administrator Ernesto Valverde has said he was communicating something specific by leaving pained Brazilian midfielder Malcom out of his group for the ongoing match against Rayo Vallecano.
The winger, 21, only signed for the Catalans this summer but there have been reports that he could be set for a swift exit.
Following his £36million change from Bordeaux Malcom has struggled for game time.
Valverde has rather selected to utilize Carles Alena who awed against Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday.
Asked if he was sending a message with his decision to leave the summer signing out of the team, Valverde said he was – yet not to Malcom.
He stated: « No, it’s a message for Alena who is doing well and can help us. »
Malcom says he will keep fighting at BarcelonaMalcom’s agent was last month reported to be engineering a January move to Inter who endeavored to sign him in the mid year.
Arsenal and Tottenham were also keen on signing the youngster before his Barcelona switch and both have made recurrent enquiries as to his accessibility inside the most recent two weeks.
In his former job at PSG, current Gunners boss Unai Emery would have been made aware of Malcom’s talents amid the French mammoths’ conflicts with Bordeaux.
However, the North London club’s hopes of him signing were dealt a blow this week when Malcom discharged an announcement on his Instagram affirming that he intends to remain with the Spanish goliaths for the present.