Breaking news : Ronaldo staying calm amid storm

Breaking news football

American Kathryn Mayorga has accused Ronaldo of sexually assaulting her in a hotel in Las Vegas in 2009, something the Portugal captain has strenuously disproved.

German publication Der Spiegel first reported the claims, which also included the suggestion Ronaldo paid Ms Mayorga $375,000 in 2010 as part of a privacy agreement, keeping her from opening up to the world about the charges.

Ms Mayorga documented a claim trying to suppress that understanding, while Las Vegas police have re-opened an investigation.

Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen confirmed the payment was made to Ms Mayorga, but said a few archives displayed as proof had been « stolen » and « totally created », while the Juventus forward described rape as an « abominable crime » in an October statement he issued to « firmly deny » the accusations.


It’s personal

« It’s his personal question, I talk about football, » Allegri told reporters ahead of Saturday’s Coppa Italia conflict with Bologna.

« I can reveal to you that I saw him exceptionally tranquil, he is preparing admirably. It has been a very tight four months, now we need to work to play better in the 36 potential games we have left.


« I see Cristiano tranquil and quiet, I go on that. For the rest, it is not for me to answer because they are private affairs. »

Saturday’s trek to Bologna is Juve’s first amusement back after the mid-season break and it was put to Allegri that he might opt to carefully « manage » Ronaldo’s playing time in the second half of the campaign.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here